Friday, April 9, 2010

so very long overdue...

 beautiful picture, no? I am just positive that you really really wanted to see this. But {sorry for the once that winced} I had to add it. Jake decided to start his family's vacation out with a mountain-bike-crasherific-outting, I am just glad Adam was there to make sure Jake woke up after his (who really knows how long) blackout. {It really didn't look nearly as bad after it was washed}

 and.. here is my sweet little miss showing me her mountain biking injuries...

 ...oh... wait... she doesn't have any... weird.

 But, continuing on... We had such fun when the Schmutz' visited! That is part of the reason I have been MIA for the past couple weeks. After everything settled down, I was still in vacation mode, and have now, finally, been able to get back down to real life and get myself organized. And, I have a TON of pictures to put up, so that is part of the reason for my blog absence.. it seems much too daunting to organize, touch up and post all the pictures that I would like {In a perfect world they would all be scrapbooked too... to up the wow factor... but, luckly, I am not perfect - because, if I was perfect, you all would die of sheer jealousy}

so, I am at the conclusion that my next few posts are going to be lots and lots of pictures.. with very few words.

In the picture above.. Ashlyn really did try to smile on our visit to Alki beach; but, poor thing, that sun was just too bright.

 My little miss really has come to understand that her mother likes more of a documentary style of photography; and, because of this understanding, has decided to hardly ever smile for the camera.. what a sweetie.

 The view of Seattle on the west side across the port in the Puget Sound (Alki Beach) from our table.



 Ashlyn geared up for her day trip in the bike carriage.

 For all those people who feel sorry for Jake because he has to put up with me.. here is proof.. it is really I who puts up with him...

 Our little biker gang hanging around ready to go find some lunch.

 Ashlyn decided that she needed the bagel more than the poor little ducks.

 and in the end, good things come to those who are patient and un-murmuring!

1 comment:

  1. I love all those pictures :) Ashlyn is really growing up fast! And what was that she was eating at the end??? Can i have some? It looks great! Lol.

    ReplyDelete