Sunday, April 25, 2010

If you've ever wondered...

 ...what a million tulips looked like? Well you should come and visit the Tulip festival up here in Skagit Valley. The flowers were so beautiful. And there were a lot of them. The farm that we ended up at had 40 acres of tulips planted in pink, purple, yellow and red.. it was gorgeous. I loved the yellow tulips, but my camera battery had died by the time we got there.. sigh..

 We got there pretty early on in the day. Early enough, that I think we beat most the crowd because we almost had the place to ourselves. The spring rain had been turning on and off inconstantly throughout the morning, which made for some very slippery muddy pathways.




 Little miss schmutz had a lot of fun. I think she enjoyed looking at the flowers, but that wasn't her favorite thing to do. Her favorite thing was to go and jump and stomp into the mud puddles. It was so funny, that I didn't have the heart to tell her not to, or to even care about how muddy she ended up. She had so much fun, but did end up slipping a time or two.

 Here is my little kiddo practicing her funny faces again. I hope that someday when she looks at the camera she'll start smiling again.

But the Tulip Festival was so much fun. We ended up spending the entire day there walking through the beautiful fields of tulips.. I hope we can go again next year!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like you all had a blast! I LOVE tulips! They're some of my favorite flowers :)

    ReplyDelete