Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sing... sing a song...

So, its late.. but I have to write this down...

June 4th, 2010 - We had a play date/brunch over at our little home. It was just a small group, two other moms, each with two children. We had a lot of fun, with three little girls all within the 2-3 year range. The girls.. Ashlyn, Alaina, & Molly, all were getting along very well.

It was a nice opportunity for us adults to chat in the family room, while the kids played in Ashlyn's room. Then, out of the semi-silent child play, I hear my sweet little daughter break out in song. Oh she melts my heart! I love to see the random, and adorable places that she will just start singing at.. in the car, at church, in the grocery store, or playing with friends.

She loves to sing and dance! Music affects her in such a tender way. It is so sweet to see how deeply she is touched with tender, soft, happy music.

Oh I love her so much! And I can't wait to start singing duets with her in a few years!

2 comments:

  1. That is so sweet. What song was she singing? I would love to hear her little voice! And when you sing that duet I want to be there.
    BTW, our "holidays" are often spent in similar ways =). Our memorial days were very much the same =).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sweet! I must admit, I'm a bit jealous... I often have to fight with Taylor when it comes to music, me playing the piano or even singing. But, I have caught him singing once in a while... hopefully that'll continue and he'll even start letting me sing and play someday... but we'll see.

    ReplyDelete